Only Guests See This Ad!

Page 1 of 43 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Biggest Loser, Season 5!

Stats
    272|271|210

biggrin Biggest Loser, Season 5!

Hurray, another season of Biggest Loser is starting today!!! Can hardly wait, what a great push to starting the new year right.

Starting this thread so that we can, again, chat about what we thought about the show. See you all later.

Happy New Year!!!
    From Nancy
    Goal for the end of May!!!

Diet
    eating healthy/exercise
    Stats
    310|292.7|210
    Yay!!! I love the BL! It's such a great motivator!! I've been wondering how this couples thing will be like...I guess now we get to find out!!
    Help meet to Jeremy
    Mom to Zane my baby boy, Belle my furbaby, & Penny my furbaby

Overall Goal

Diet
    Weight Watchers/Drinking Water
    Stats
    400.2|291.4|160
    I can't wait. I am recording it though. Originally because I didn't want to stay up so late because I have to work at 5 in the morning. Now it's because I don't feel well.
    Gretch
    Here's to us all being losers!

First goal: 40 pounds met 6/05
    Second goal: 80 pounds met 12/08
    Third goal: 100 pounds met 03/09

Picture is my beautiful niece Hermione Joanna.

An attitude is a small thing that can make a big difference.

Shelby Lynn....my angel watching over me. Mommy misses you!

My dad.....My hero. I miss you.

Diet
    weight watchers
    Stats
    161.6|127.4|129
    I cant wait either. I have been watching the Biggest Loser Australia, its 2 years old. I think you talked about it somewhere nancy but couldnt find it. It was a marathon for three days. I have been watching it for 2 days now and still am not half way through. I probably wont finish it until this weekend at this rate. I am liking this one alot better then the UK one. Not just for Bob and Jillian but the people are more like us. lol.

Diet
    nutrisystem, tops
    Stats
    213.4|180.6|155
    it's starting in less than five minutes!

Stats
    272|271|210
    LOL, almost 3 more hours for me.
    From Nancy

Stats
    209|176.8|143
    That sux.. My dish is down
    joanne
    ... SO PROUD TO BE A GRANDMA OF THREE LITTLE GIRLS.... BROOKE-LYNNE 5 1/2 years, ASHLYNNE 3 1/2 years AND Ryannah 3 years.

Diet
    Calories In/Calories Out
    Just loved it, won't go into specifics as some haven't seen it yet.

"Maintenance of a major weight loss includes now & then dealing with the regains!" ~ Tess2

Diet
    eating healthy/exercise
    Stats
    310|292.7|210
    I know Jenn!!!! Well not personally, but we went to camp together and she lived a few bunks down from me! The 1st summer I was there she was a camper, and the 2nd summer I was there for was a conselour and an aerobics instructor...and got the "Fatty Five Award" which is awarded to campers who have been there 5 years in a row, lol! The camp we went to is called Camp Shane and it's in New York state.

My jaw literally dropped and I gasped when I realized who she was...I was amazed! I haven't really thought about her since camp, and lo-and-behold 5 years later I see her on national television!! LOL!! Amazing!
    Help meet to Jeremy
    Mom to Zane my baby boy, Belle my furbaby, & Penny my furbaby

Overall Goal

Diet
    Calories In/Calories Out
    Huzzah, Em, that's fun that you know a contestant.

I noticed there is a team from my town also and that is fun, although I'm not sure who I am rooting for.

I am usually for the oldest person there as I really like the idea that age should not be a factor in losing weight and living life in a very fit body, but ... well, I will say no more until someone posts something specific as mayhap not everyone has seen the show.

I swear this is going to be the best season ever. I love the new format.

"Maintenance of a major weight loss includes now & then dealing with the regains!" ~ Tess2

Stats
    272|271|210
    ESA, so do you like their new campus? LOL, is it nicer for you? I remember how you hated the last place they taped BL at.

This is just my opinion of course, but feel free to post and respond to the shows. If people haven't seen an episode and they don't want to know about it they just should not come to the thread. I am one of the latest to see it on tv and if I don't want to know what happened I don't go to their site or to this thread. Anyways.........

I was so glad they didn't vote off the young girls, they really need to be there and lose the weight. I did feel sorry for Jenni though. She was so excited to be there with her dad and she did seem to work hard. Must have been very frustrating for her to lose only 7 pounds. Not sure how that happened. Of course her dad would lose more because he is a guy, more muscle etc. I thought he was pretty nasty though, throwing the 7 pounds in her face, making her look bad. I am thinking there isn't a great relationship between the two of them. That is probably why she was excited about having this time to bond with him. Maybe she just needs to go forward with her own life. Just a part of growing up I am thinking.

I just laughed at the lady with the hair, lol. She said she wanted Jillian as her trainer and was so disappointed to get Bob, then Bob kicked her butt!!! LOL. She will be both interesting and very annoying I am thinking.
    From Nancy

Diet
    Moderation, quality & exercise
    Stats
    217|194.6|140
    I am unsure about the new format. I like the added motivation, but like Jillian said, there's going to be more drama with their "enablers" being there. Yes, there will be motivation to succeed for your partner, but I do think that weight loss should be more of a selfish thing. I would feel absolutely horrible to have a bad week and cause my partner to have to go home, especially if they had a great week. But we'll see.

I like Bette-Sue. She's spunky. But no real favorites yet. I tend to find someone similar to me in height and weight, I like to see the changes that I will see as I go along. Most of the time the contestants get to my weight at the end, or if they start where I did, they are only 5' tall

I am ready to get into another season!

Diet
    nutrisystem, tops
    Stats
    213.4|180.6|155
    loved it too! wasn't surprised that lynn and jenni got voted off. lynn didn't want to be there. he slept instead of exercised. i felt sorry for jenni. she wanted to stay. i think the others felt sorry for her, too.

Diet
    Well Balanced Low Calorie
    Stats
    210|184.5|145
    You know, I LOVED last nights season premiere. Love the new format, love most of the contestants, and I love that the chance for "throwing a weigh in" is pretty much eliminated since it puts you and your partner in jeopardy and there is no one else to save you if it happens. I think it brings the nature of the game back into focus.

Bette-Sue reminds me very much of the loud and obtrusive grandmother who embarasses you in any public place because of any unpleasant experience. I have an aunt like that. Its slightly funny watching it on TV, but at the same time I just feel embarassed for the daughter.

I was disappointed that Lynn & Jenni got kicked off last night. Not that I think Lynn should have stayed with the attitude he had - but because he had some very very serious health risks and regardless of whether or not he wanted to be there he NEEDED to be there. Also, Jenni wanted to be there more than anything. The two younger girls I really just found offensive with the constant "But we're twenty-two, we should be able to beat everyone here" attitude. If they could do it that easily then they wouldn't have been there to begin with - and the more I watch the more I'm convinced that maturity and conviction get better results then age.

Whew... anyway, excited about this season. I don't know that I'm necessarily rooting for anyone in particular yet. Maybe the yellow team. I really like their "before" stories and I feel so much compassion for the ex-wife.

MD
    MommyDyanna

Diet
    Healthy Eating & Exercise
    Stats
    267.5|241.8|150
    I enjoyed the show last night..... not sure right now who I am cheering on. I think right now it is the mom and son team.
    I will see in the next week or 2

Page 1 of 43 12345678911 ... LastLast