Only Guests See This Ad!

Page 403 of 423 FirstFirst ... 303353393395396397398399400401402403404405406407408409410411413 ... LastLast
Results 6,031 to 6,045 of 6343

Thread: My Journey Of A Lifetime-CJL

Diet
    healthy food choices & sensible portions
    Stats
    182|136|125
    Happy St Paddy's Day

Four members of my family are in the Chicago St. Patrick's day Parade. My son is coming home from college today! Tomorrow is the family birthday party for him with 30 relatives attending. There will be lots of cooking done today and tomorrow. It is sunny with temps in the 80's today.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    CJL

The scale shows you where you have been, not where you are going!CJL

Being at goal was great and I am working on returning to goal!

Click Here To Visit My Journal

***Click Here To Visit The Healthy Lifestyle Forum***

Don't let your life slip through your fingers by living in the past or for the future.
    By living your life one day at a time,
    you live all the days of your life.

Diet
    Stats
    182|136|125
    Today is a very special day for my husband and I. Our son was born on this date at 12:37 am twenty two years ago. He was 7 pounds, 6 oz and was 21 inches long. Now he will be graduating this year with a triple major of molecular cellular biology, neuro psychology and philosophy. He is working in research at the university where is attending which will become a fulltime position in May. We are very, very proud of him! He's been such a complete joy in our lives and we are so blessed by him. The day is extra special for he is actually home on his birthday so that we can celebrate with him all day long!!

I'll be opening my journal back up next week. I'm looking forward to catching up with everyone!
    CJL

Don't let your life slip through your fingers by living in the past or for the future.

Diet
    Stats
    182|136|125
    Hello, I thought I would do a quick update. We had record breaking temperatures in the 80's for two weeks which brought spring to our area much earlier than usual. The grass is green, the flowers are in bloom and the trees have leaves. Everyone has really enjoyed being outdoors. Even now we are in the 60's which is still quite pleasant.

My husband and I so enjoyed our son who was home for a week during spring break. I cooked up a storm all week and he really seemed to enjoy all the home cooking. Usually I don't fix desserts for my husband and I, but while my son was home I baked two cakes, one layered dessert and two kinds of cookies. I gave two of my elderly neighbors both kinds of cookies as they are both widows and they don't bake for themselves.

Originally, I was hosting my son's birthday party at my house, but my niece had already invited several members of my brother-in-law's extended family over to see him while he was in town. My niece suggested we combine the party so that is what we did. I took taffy apple dip with apples, a fruit dip for strawberries, homemade swiss almond party spread with crackers, and my son's birthday cake. She served a hot corned beef dip baked in a rye bread shell, homemade pulled pork sandwiches, several side dishes, frozen fruit cups, and two kinds of cookies. My niece served the food buffet style since there were 30 in attendance.

As I planned, I made a eldermeyer flask shaped birthday cake. My son requested a yellow cake with vanilla frosting. I outlined the top and the bottom of the cake with a black border. I made a blue gel to use for the "liquid" in the flask. On the side, I used black lines to for the measurements and I labeled it 22ml since he turned 22. I couldn't find any cotton candy for the vapor coming out of the flask so I just put candles at the end of the flask. I covered the cake board with scientific pictures, graphs, equations, and words cut from one of my son's old chemistry books. I placed periodic table charts as well as some of my son's lab sheets around the cake. If anyone took pictures of the cake, I will post them. My plan was to have real flasks and test tubes as party favors, but at the very, very last minute a friend of my niece's was unable to get them for me. I've already have next year's theme picked out so I will have a year to get all my supplies and party favors and not have to depend on anyone else for what I need.

On my son's actual birthday, his girlfriend came over in the afternoon. She gave him gourmet popcorn and candy and then she took him to the mall to buy him a $250 Fossil watch. My son chose Granite City for his birthday dinner which is a restaurant/brewry. We all had alot of fun and the restaurant gave my son for his birthday, a giant warm brownie cookie that had ice cream in the center and caramel drizzled all over it. With four of us eating on it, we could barely finish it!

My son left yesterday to return to college. He will return at the end of the semester to pick up his car and pick up some of his belongings so that he can move into his apartment. This summer my husband and I will be visiting him probably once a month as he will be working full time. It will be fun to be with him and it will give us a change of scenery as well.

Between my company from California and my son being in, I didn't have time to finish up the taxes. One of the publications, I needed to complete the taxes was not published until this month and is still only available online. So I promise to be back as soon as I get the taxes finished up. My hope is to get them out in the mail on Monday or Tuesday at the latest. See you soon!
    CJL

Diet
    Stats
    182|136|125
    I'm busy doing our taxes this morning. What a surprise to hear the furnace running after having weather in the 80's! I can't beleive it is 38 degrees here at 9am! We are back to normal temps for this time of the year. Looks like I will have to go back to sweaters, jeans, and shoes after wearing summer tops, shorts, and sandals! Mother Nature, You are cruel!
    CJL

Diet
    Stats
    182|136|125
    Prayer Request: My niece's father-in-law suddenly died this morning at the age of 61. It is a sad day.
    Update:The funeral was on Tuesday.
    Last edited by CJL; 03-28-12 at 07:35 AM.
    CJL

Diet
    Stats
    182|136|125
    Hi Everyone! My part of the tax preparation is now done and was sent to my tax preparer yesterday. We count every deduction we can to offset the capital gains and other income we have. That translates into a lot of record keeping. To make the process easier, I have devised a new record keeping system which will allow me to input and store the information as it becomes available rather than collecting it all at the end of the year. Yesterday I started working on next year's taxes and I am almost up to date.

Next on the list is to continue to work on my files and reduce the amount of paperwork I have. Although my closets are neat and organized, there are things that I no longer wear. Styles change and it is time to get rid of clothes that no longer appeal to me. My goal is to have less things to sort through, organize and keep up. I am of the mentality that the less you have, the less you have to worry about! It's about how we live rather than the things we have!

My day is full of activity, but I hope to be back later today to start reading and posting in everyone's journals. Let's eat healthy today and get moving so that we are headed in the right direction on our weight journey!
    Last edited by CJL; 03-28-12 at 12:48 PM. Reason: typo
    CJL

Diet
    Calories
    Hi there, CJL, I see your journal is open again...

The hardest part is to get started...

aria2000 PEACE

Diet
    Calories In/Calories Out
    So very nice to see your journal is open again, CJL! Woot!

"Maintenance of a major weight loss includes now & then dealing with the regains!" ~ Tess2

Diet
    Stats
    182|136|125
    Not open...just changed the status from being deleted to closed. Sorry!
    CJL

Diet
    Healthy Eating & Exercise
    Stats
    267.5|241.8|150
    Hope your open sign is back in the window soon

Diet
    Counting Calories/Diabetic Values
    Sincerely, Monica

Diet
    Stats
    182|136|125

hi

My journal will up open for business on September 3rd. See you then!
    CJL

Diet
    lowfat, newhabits, walking, NO EXCUSES
    Stats
    212||155
    yea!
    judith6

Stats
    280|280|265
    Hey! Hope you have a great weekend!!! See you soon.

15 pounds from now until Christmas day!

Diet
    Calorie Control

"Maintenance of a major weight loss includes now & then dealing with the regains!" ~ Am

"Constant vigilance!" ~ Mad Eye Moody