Only Guests See This Ad!

Thread: What can you do with Konjac Glucomannan?

Diet
    Vegan - Going toward raw vegan
    Stats
    161.6|.....|130

smile What can you do with Konjac Glucomannan?

Hi Folks!

I have just discovered this product and just have to tell you about it. It is Konjac Glucomannan.

Here is what it is... "Konjac glucomannan (KGM) is a water-soluble dietary fiber derived from the root of the Konjac plant. Konjac foods, also called Shirataki Nooldes In Japan, made from Konjac Glucomannan, are traditional Chinese foods with a history spanning over two thousand years. Referred to as Moyu or Juruo in China, and Konnyaku or Shirataki Noodles in Japan, Konjac foods are a popular health food in the Asian markets.

Konjac foods are naturally water soluble fiber with no fat, sugar, starch, or protein. It contains zero net carbohydrates and zero calories. It contains no wheat, is gluten free and pure vegetable.

It can be stored at room temperature for about one year. Doesn't need refrigeration."

I bought some of this powder online and am having a great time trying out various things with it. I thought I would share some of the recipes with you.

The thing about this powder is that it expands A LOT when you mix it with water. So, it fills you up very quickly without the calories.

I've been making some pudding with it (recipe to come) and today I made some cookies.

Carob Granola Cookies

Stir together in a bowl...

1 cup rolled oats
    2 tablespoons of carob powder
    2 ounces of raisins
    1 ounce of chopped almonds
    2 teaspoons of Stevia powder
    2 teaspoons Konjac Glucomannan powder

Add just enough water to make it all bind together.

Put the dough on a plate or cookie sheet (I used a teflex sheet from my dehydrator.).

Dampen hands with water and press it into a flat square, about 7 inches.

Cut it into 16 little squares.

No cooking necessary. They make a nice chewy granola bar.

These are really nice and filling. The key is to drink 8 ounces of water with each cookie you eat. I had two this morning, and they really filled me up.

Each cookie is about 40 calories! This will be a nice snack in the evenings when it gets difficult for me to resist those dreaded binges!
    "All things are possible to him that believeth." Mark 9:23

Diet
    Vegan - Going toward raw vegan
    Stats
    161.6|.....|130

Pudding!

Here is some nice, filling pudding that really helps with my evening cravings!

Fruit Pudding

Blend 1 cup of cold water and a piece of fruit of your choice.
    Add a little stevia or other sweetener if desired and blend.
    Then add 1 teaspoon of Konjac Glucomannan Powder and blend again.

Quickly pour it into a bowl and refrigerate for an hour.

It sets up something like Jello pudding and really fills me up.

Another recipe I have used and really like has ZERO calories!

Lemon pudding

In the blender put 1 cup of cold water and a little lemon juice to taste. Add a little stevia for sweetening. Blend.

Then add 1 teaspoon of Konjac Glucomannan Powder and blend again.

Pour into a bowl and refrigerate about 1 hour. NICE!

I'm still experimenting with this ingredient. Maybe some of you have tried using it before and I would really like to hear what you have come up with!
    "All things are possible to him that believeth." Mark 9:23