Only Guests See This Ad!

Thread: Let's Not Be Foolish In April!

Diet
    healthy food choices & sensible portions
    Stats
    182|136|125

Let's Not Be Foolish In April!

April starts out with April Fool's Day, but we don't have to foolish about what we eat or our portion sizes! With the beginning of a new month, we are reminded that we have the opportunity to have new goals for the month. What will you be working on this month? Remember to stop in during the week and weekend to support those who are posting and reading the TOPS Forum!
    CJL

The scale shows you where you have been, not where you are going!CJL

Being at goal was great and I am working on returning to goal!

Click Here To Visit My Journal

***Click Here To Visit The Healthy Lifestyle Forum***

Don't let your life slip through your fingers by living in the past or for the future.
    By living your life one day at a time,
    you live all the days of your life.

Diet
    Stats
    182|136|125
    Hi Everyone! I just got back from my first TOPS meeting for April. We had a business meeting plus we handed out the monthly awards. We now have have a membership of 62 women and one man! Our new officers will be installed next week and we have all new officers except for our weight recorder. I lost 1.50 pounds. My goal this week is to have a no gain weekend which will be a challenge since Sunday is Easter. If I can have a no-gain weekend, I feel confident I can have a loss next Thursday. Good luck to everyone. Let's think before we eat!!!
    CJL

Don't let your life slip through your fingers by living in the past or for the future.

Diet
    Calories
    Ah, there you are, CJL!
    Happy Easter to you!

The hardest part is to get started...

aria2000 PEACE

Diet
    Stats
    182|136|125
    Aria: Thank you! I hope you had a nice Easter!

Everyone: On Easter, we had quite a feast, but I did use restraint and used my "pick and choose" method along with portion control. I'm not able to attend the TOPS meeting this week, but I am attending my chapter's luncheon that is on the same day. In addition to the official TOPS ARD, we do our own chapter version of ARD to honor our officers and the best losers including our queen for the previous year. It is a western theme complete with line at a local country club. I've got my western outfit all ready complete with my hat.
    CJL

Diet
    Calories
    Hi there, CJL!
    Hope you are having a good week.

The hardest part is to get started...

aria2000 PEACE

Diet
    Stats
    182|136|125
    Aria, Thanks for stopping by! I've been alittle too busy and haven't had enough sleep, but it has been a good week! I hope your day and week goes well!
    CJL

Diet
    tops, low sugar,exercise
    Stats
    228|199.3|150
    Coming in from tops with 2.5 lb loss. I'm now the leader we had instalation of officers tonight. She used the clock and it was different and short but to the point. So now to lead the way.

Hope you have a loss tomorrow CJL.

Thank you Aria for stopping in.
    In order to achieve what I want in this life.
    I must be ready to work for it.

Linda

Diet
    Stats
    182|136|125
    Linda: Congrats on becoming leader of your chapter!!! What a wonderful honor to be voted in as the leader! Congrats on your 2.5 pound loss! You are doing so well. I am mighty proud of you girlfriend! I'm not able to go to my meeting tomorrow morning so no official weigh-in. I am resisting the urge to eat whatever I want so that I can get a head start on next week's weigh-in. My high school reunion is in 145 days, so I will let that serve as an incentive and a deadline!

I'll be back after I attend our western themed TOPS party Thursday afternoon.
    CJL

Diet
    tops, low sugar,exercise
    Stats
    228|199.3|150
    Sounds like a fun party. You will do well on next weeks weigh in you have insentive to do so. Go girl.
    In order to achieve what I want in this life.
    I must be ready to work for it.

Linda

Diet
    Stats
    182|136|125
    Linda, Thanks for the encouragement!!

Everyone: We have a local version of ARD locally in which we install our new officers, award our new KOPS and crown our Queen. This year our ARD was held at a local country club and we had a western theme. One of our members played the guitar and lead us in western themed songs. Everyone showed up in various western style outfits including sheriffs, cowgirls, gals in long dresses with bonnets and of course lots of cowboy hats and boots.

Each member was given a personalized bag that had our name and the slogan, "I can do it with an attitude!" In the bag was our new revised bylaws, address list, and a list of everyone on our committees, jobs, & activities. Attached to our program was a charm.

Our menu consisted of a garden salad, roast sirloin of beef, baked chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans almondine, rolls, beverage and ice cream. I got a vegetarian plate which was pasta with carrots, yellow squash, broccoli, cauliflower and red peppers. I ended up taking most of the vegetarian plate home and I skipped the ice cream.

My focus is to eat healthy, watch portion control, exercise each day, and make each day count. That is how I reached my goal before and that is how I will return to goal.
    CJL

Diet
    Stats
    182|136|125
    Linda! Once again congrats on becoming your chapter's new leader! You will do a super job!! Best of luck to you!!! We have all new officers this month after having the same leader for several years.
    Last edited by CJL; 04-28-12 at 09:14 AM.
    CJL

Diet
    Tops
    Stats
    224.5|216.5|145
    Hello everyone - I have been missing in action. I have not weighed in much this year due to too many life commitments.

WTG Linda for being the Leader. Linda and CJL, congrats on your losses this month.

When I went on the 12th of April and weighed in - I was up 6 pounds and I hit a all time high, weighing the most I have in my entire life. DH is also getting thick around the middle. We had a big talk last Sunday and decided on Monday the 16th, we would do this journey together. On Sunday we ate what we wanted and made our plans for the next day.

So far so good. I was Tops of the week on the 19th with a 4.5 pound loss and I don't plan on stopping. We have been at this for 1 week and so far so good. It is much easier to do this when we are doing it together.

Our PRD (provincial) is coming up the first weekend in May. I am running one of the workshops doing a program about exchanges. It is one I did at our chapter, than got asked to do at a Workshop this spring and now at PRD. I am nervous to talk infront of members from the entire Province.

Cheers and here's to seeing "Less" of us next week :-)

Just Keep Swimming :-)

Diet
    Stats
    182|136|125
    Wendy, Welcome Back! I'm am glad you are back to TOPS and back here at the forum! I think all of us at one time or another have left TOPS for awhile and then returned. Facing that scale again is hard, but once we do, we are able to get back on track losing. With a 4.5 loss you are definitely on the right path on your weight loss journey! It's always easier when a spouse either supports us or joins in on the weight loss journey. Good luck with your talk at PRD.

Linda: So how do you like being leader? Have you held that office before? How many members are in your chapter? Last week, I was discouraged and thought about leaving TOPS, but I did attend the meeting with a gain. In my heart, I know that without TOPS I will gain even more! I need that weekly weigh-in to stay on track!

As for me: I did better this week and I had a good loss. I was the best loser of the week. On Thursday and Friday I didn't do well with my eating, but I've decided to get on track on Saturday and not wait until Monday! It's always better to get back on track as soon as we can! Our chapter is up to nearly 70members...it's getting insane! For the last month, we have had a couple new members each week. Our area captain says membership cannot be restricted unless for fire regulations. We meet in a large bingo hall and we have the capacity to hold over 200 people!
    CJL

Diet
    Tops
    Stats
    224.5|216.5|145
    WTG on your loss CJL.
    This past week I was down 3.5.
    Because I was biggest loser for 2 weeks in a row, I get 3 months free dues :-)

Just Keep Swimming :-)

Diet
    Stats
    182|136|125
    Wendy, Congrats on your 3.5 pound loss and for being the best loser two weeks in a row. You are rockin girlfriend! For being the best loser last week, I received $2. If I gain this week, I have to return the money!

Everyone: let's continue our discussion on the May TOPS thread!
    CJL