With so many exercises that you can do for building muscle, finding the best ones for beginners may be a little difficult to do. However, in this post we are going to go over some of the best muscle building exercises for beginners that we personally believe worth a mention. Without further ado, our recommendations can be found below…
1. The Barbell Bench Press (Flat Bench) – One of the best muscle building exercises for beginners would have to be the barbell bench press on a flat bench. There are a number of reasons why this exercise is one of the best ones, with one of them being that it is one of the most basic exercises around and very easy to do. However, it is often considered to be the king of all chest exercises and works mainly your chest, but your triceps and shoulders also get a good workout during the movement.
2. Barbell Squats – The king of all leg exercises just happens to be one of the best muscle building exercises for beginners, and that exercise is the barbell squat, but make sure you do it with proper form and don’t go to heavy. This exercise is a compound movement and should be a staple in your workout routine, especially your leg workout routine. Start off light and then add more weight to the exercise as time goes on and you could end up building muscles within a relatively short length of time.
3. Barbell Shoulder Press – The barbell shoulder press is a sure way to get your shoulders to grow, and here is a tip to keep in mind, do this exercise as the first exercise for your shoulder workout. Also, another good thing about the barbell shoulder press is that you can choose to do it sitting down or you can stand up, and you can choose to do it in the front or with the barbell behind your head. Whatever you decide to do, make sure you do this exercise when it is time to hit your shoulders.
4. Regular Push-ups – If you are brand new to exercising, then one of the best exercises to start doing are regular push-ups. Since you are a beginner, the chances are you probably don’t have a lot of muscle, therefore regular push-ups can help you pack on some muscle. However, just keep in mind that push-ups can only take you so far, so eventually you will want to hit the weights if you want to continue to grow and get even bigger.
Don’t forget, you can modify the push-up too. You can do decline or incline push-ups. Decline tends to train your upper-chest more than anything, while incline trains your lower chest more than anything.
5. Machine Rows – Machine rows mainly train your upper-back, but nonetheless it is one of the best exercises you can do, especially if you are a beginner. If you are not a fan of machine rows, then you can substitute the exercise and do seated cable rows, or you can choose to do barbell rows, but your first choice should be machine seated rows. Also, remember you do not want to overdo it and go too heavy on any type of rowing exercise because the last thing you want to do is to injure yourself.
As you can see, there are quite a few exercises beginners can do when they want to build muscle. If you are serious about packing on size, then try the above exercises. Just remember to be patient and be persistent when it comes to working out and eventually you will see results.
P.S – for other great muscle building exercises for beginners you can also check the video below…